Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My First Big Event?

Well I have made the decision to take a few shots at doing some major tournaments. Here is what I am currently considering . . .


This one kind of snuck up on me. I would like to try to satellite into this one since the buy-in is pretty reasonable ($1,500+150) and first prize last time (March '09) was about $320K. Now most of the events I am going to discuss offer multiple sub-tourneys with much lower buy-ins. This one does not, but offers satellites of $165+35 (1 out of 10 get a buy-in) or $330+50 (1 out of 5 get a buy-in). I happen to be going down to AC the weekend before this thing kicks off, so if I do well (real well) at the Showboat, I might take a shot at a $330+50 satellite.


World Poker Tour, yes sir. Details have yet to be released on this one, but you can look at the results from the last one here. The last one had 23 events with No Limit Hold Em, Omaha, and even some Head's Up tourneys. Buy-ins range from $350+50 to $3000+200 for the championship event. I can almost promise I will play one event in this one. Just waiting to get the dates and list of events.


Another event with no details released yet. Last year's event had 9 events with the main event costing $5,000 and many options for satellites. Last year 1st place was over $380K.

My level of activity really hinges on how well my next two or three AC trips go. My next trip is scheduled for 7/30, so stay tuned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment